* At the time of registration, families will complete a Class Registration Form and a Payment Agreement Form.
* There is annual registration fee of $20, per family (living in the same household). The registration fee is due at time of registration & then due annually along with January tuition payment (on December 25th).
* All students must have a Class Registration Form on file with World Dance n Arts before being allowed to participate in classes.
* Students are required to sign-in on the Attendance Kiosk for each class they attend before the start of each class.
* Class placement is at the discretion of the instructor based on appropriate level assessment and will not be based on peers or scheduling conveniences.
* Class Programs: Fun & Fitness: 1 Class or More, Performances: 2 Classes or More, Competition: 3 Classes or More
* A Class Change Request Form must be used to make any changes to your student account. This includes adding a new class, changing classes, adding siblings, etc. No verbal or other written notifications will be honored. Forms are due before the 15th of the current month and approved changes will take effect on the 1st of the following month. Forms are available in the studio office.
*Private classes are available at an additional charge and must be scheduled through the studio director.
* Please arrive early to class, so that classes may start on time. Water is available in studio for purchase.
* Professional dance etiquette is required at all times in order to create a positive & supportive environment for all. Courteous behavior, good attitude, appropriate attire, full concentration and participation. No bullying will be tolerated.
* Please no excessive talking, running, cell phones, or gum during class. Students are not permitted to hang or play on the ballet barres or touch the studio mirrors, for safety reasons.
* Observers - we welcome you to watch and support our dancers, but please refrain from talking or commenting to dancers during class time. Thanks!
* We encourage all students to attend every class to ensure they don't fall behind and to be fair to the rest of the class.
* There are no credits or refunds given for missed classes, holidays, or studio closures. As a courtesy, make-up classes can be taken within the same month, chosen from the normal class schedule. The extra 5th week of the month is a bonus class and often makes up for missed classes.
* For your convenience, WDA offers an Automatic Payment Plan to satisfy monthly tuition obligation.
* Payments for monthly tuition are prepaid and due on the 25th of each month and applied to the following month. For Example: August Tuition is due on July 25th. No billing reminders will be handed out.
* Payments are considered late after the 1st of the month and a $15 late charge will be added to your account. Any past due account statements will be issued via e-mail to the e-mail address on file.
* Monthly tuition is non-refundable and is based on a four week schedule. There is no charge for a fifth week. Therefore, full monthly tuition is due regardless of holidays, missed classes, or studio closures.
* There are no account/vacation holds. In order to keep a dancer’s spot in a class and to be eligible to perform, continual enrollment is mandatory.
* First full month tuition is collected at the time of registration. If you are a new student and start in the middle of the month we will pro-rate your 2nd month's tuition payment. No pro-rating for any other reason.
* Please note that any declined or returned payment will result in a $10.00 fee being added to your account.
* Non-attendance does not release your account from monthly tuition obligation or account balances. Monthly tuition will continue to accrue on your student account and will be due to World Dance n Arts.
* Non-continuing students MUST notify the office before the 15th of the current month using a Class Change Request Form. Approved changes will take effect on the 1st of the following month & students are responsible for all account balances. No verbal or other written notifications will be honored. Forms are available in the studio office.
* Please carry your dance shoes in with you to class and never wear your dance shoes outside.
* Only dance shoes or bare feet are allowed in the studio, No street shoes please. Please visit the WDA website to view dress code. The dress code helps to create unity and ensures that our instructors are able to see each dancer's correct alignment and positioning.
* WDA Company Warm-Ups are available to all students for purchase, ordered once a year in a group order. Look for order forms and deadlines available online.
* We suggest marking your dancer’s name in all shoes & personal items to avoid ending up in the Lost & Found bin.
* WDA provides performance opportunities throughout the year. Please review the “WDA General Costume Information and Performance Guidelines” handout for performance eligibility, dates & deadlines for the current performance year.
* In order to keep a dancer’s spot in a class and to be eligible to perform, continual enrollment is mandatory.
* Dancers attending classes on a drop-in fee basis will not be eligible to perform.
* Class enrollment requirements- Performances: 2 Classes or More, Competition: 3 Classes or More
* In order to be allowed to perform, dancers must have full attendance in the 4 classes before a scheduled performance or competition, attend all mandatory rehearsal dates and tuition account and any studio fees must be up-to-date.
* Competition readiness will be decided by the instructor.
* Competition dancers are required to be enrolled in a Ballet class.
* All dancers are welcome to participate in the annual Poway Days parade in September. All participants will need to pre-purchase a WDA T-Shirt and Shorts.
* Performers will need to purchase a costume for each routine they are placed in.
* All Costume Order Forms are due during Costume Order Week in the fall. Look for current deadline posted on our online calendar. All costumes must be ordered using a Costume Order Form for each routine.
* Costume fees will vary for each dancer according to the discipline and number of routines. Costume fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. There are no refunds for costume orders for any reason. No Exceptions.
* Costumes will not be ordered unless they are paid in full using a costume order form. If your costume fees are not paid before deadline (during costume order week), your costume will not be ordered. No Exceptions.
*All accessories, including tights, headpieces, gloves, shoes, etc. may be an additional cost.
* For students who register after the Costumer Order deadline and would like the opportunity to perform for the current performance season: costumes, routine placement & performance eligibility is at the discretion of the instructor.
*Costumes cannot be guaranteed if ordered after the posted deadline and if availability & eligibility is confirmed, a minimum $10 expedite shipping charge will be added to your total in order to receive your costume on time.
* E-mail newsletters are sent to all registered students to the e-mail on file with important WDA news, events, deadlines and updates. Please make sure you are receiving AND reading these emails as this is our primary source of communication.
* www.worldancenarts.com- Our website is an excellent resources for all WDA information including our Company Calendar, Blog, Order Forms, Class Schedule, Dance Attire, Policies, Pictures, FAQs, Event Info, etc.
* Facebook (www.facebook.com/worldancenarts)- Events and news posted regularly. Connect with fellow students, post your dance pictures, and stay current with WDA.
* WDA News Bulletin Board- Located in the studio lobby. Keep yourself up to date on current events.
* Office Drop Box- Located on the office door. Drop off payments, write the office a note, turn in class forms, etc.
Have more questions? Contact us
Academy of World Dance n Arts reserves the right to update our Company Policies at any time. Registered students will be notified of updated policies via our E-Newsletter. The most current policies are found above. If you ever have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact us.
858-679-8277 Academy of World Dance n Arts 12621-A Poway Road. Poway, Ca. 92064